keskiviikko 9. maaliskuuta 2011

Break the Aliens! Now available in WP7 Marketplace near you


Break the Aliens! is an action game for Windows Phone 7, with retro graphics and awesome music. It's sort of a combination of two early games, Space Invaders and Breakout. Made with XNA and C#. It's also the first commercial game project that I've produced from start to finish with the rest of the team. The production started early into our practice period at Kajak Games, in August 2010, and was finished about a month later. I was pretty much the only person working in the project for the first two weeks though, while Teemu and Antti were still busy with Genius Loci. Break the Aliens! is based on a prototype I made for Kajak 3D classes earlier.

This project taught me a lot, as I took many roles: I made the basic code structure (with some advice from Teemu, our Lead Programmer), lots and lots of other coding including the simple particle effects, much of the graphics, and most of the game design. For most of the time I also worked as a coordinator for the team, appointing tasks, keeping people up-to-date on things and so on.

The awesome chip tune music in the game is by Multifaros, who kindly granted a permission to use three of his songs in the game.

Though the sales haven't been exactly booming (we blame bad marketing), Break the Aliens! is a milestone for me and the rest of TJR.

YouTube trailer here:
And a longer, less edited gameplay video here:

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti