
Lost Flame is the result of a little under 48 hours of innovation and hard work in Global Game Jam 2010 @ KAJAK. We had an excellent team working on the game; not only we managed to create a complete game within the time limit, but also had fun working on it. Not to mention that Lost Flame was the only 2D game that made it into the Finnish Game Jam finals from KAJAK. :D
This time I can't take any credit for the code, a few minor ideas I contributed aside maybe. We all did our part in the game design, which turned out to work just as it was supposed to. Brainstorming session in the beginning gave as a direction and a basic idea to work on, and rest of the ideas we needed came along the way.
I made the graphics entirely by myself... And it shows, unfortunately, I'm no artist. Especially not given the time limit and a working environment that I'm not used to. But the graphics work well enough for the game and that's good enough for my first try at making graphics for a whole game.
Besides the graphics and design I spent some time working on the little necessary documentation needed for the GGJ entry.
The game and further description + instructions can be found here:
http://www.globalgamejam.org/2010/lost-flame
And a video here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkNW20loO7s
PS. They put us on a newspaper too, the online version is available (in Finnish) here. :D

Ei kommentteja:
Lähetä kommentti