torstai 8. huhtikuuta 2010

SDL Artillery - C++ practise




This is just a simple artillery game made for C++ and Advanced Networking classes using SDL, but it works quite nicely and is fun to play from what I've heard from our small team of beta testers.

This time around I did about 1/2 of the coding, including random generation of the map, collision detection, destructable terrain... Well, basically everything that has something to do with the map, including graphics. Those features are fairly simple, but they work.
I also programmed practically the whole networking part together with Teemu; I can take pretty much all responsibility of designing and building the protocol of data being sent and received. Teemu helped me getting all those great ideas work. :P

Video here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRg4SHe99vE

UPDATE:
SDL Artillery just became out first game with networking, and it works, too. :D

There were some issues using the networking on teacher's computer while we were getting the game evaluated, but we suspect that's either caused by firewall or the peculiar school networking.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti